A BDF soldier has died from severe burns he got at home in the Toledo District.
According to initial reports, 27 year old Rodolfo Martinez from Big Falls Village was at home in the Toledo District cutting the yard and had been sprayed with gasoline. But he wasn't aware of this, and went inside the house where he came in contact with a stove and caught on fire. Other reports say he was trying to fix the stove and it exploded. Whetever the case, he received massive burn injuries to the front of his body - and police found him at 5:45 pm at the Punta Gorda Hospital.
He had to be transferred to the KHMH in Belize City - where he died today.